When selling on the marketplace, each product will have a different SKU, with that, 1 products selling on 2 shops will turn into 2 SKUs. With PowerSKU, you can connect similar products into 1 PowerSKU, making it easier to manage, PowerSKU also helps you synchronize their stock automatically.
To use PowerSKU, log into PowerSell → go to (1) Manage → (2) PowerSKU
First, you’ll need to create a PowerSKU and connect products, there are two ways to create PowerSKU (create single PowerSKU – mass create/update PowerSKU)
- Way 1: Create single PowerSKU: (3) Select “Create PowerSKU”
→ (5) Find & choose products you want to link
→ (6) Enter PowerSKU name and code
→ (7) Click “Link to PowerSKU”
- Way 2: Mass create/update PowerSKU:
(4) Select “Mass create/update PowerSKU”
→ Click “Download”
→ Read Instruction then click “Next Step”
→ Click “Please choose file” and select file
→ After you’ve done, select “Upload File”
- (9) Fill in the file
- SKUs with the same information in the “PowerSKU” column will be linked into 1 PowerSKU.
- You can mass update stock/reserved stock by filling in the “Stock”/”Reserved Stock” column.
- In the “Stock Sync” column, enter “1” to turn on stock sync, or “0” to turn off.
- Do not change the file format (column name, font…)
- PowerSKU is for updating and synchronizing stock, PowerSKU doesn’t support price syncing.
- Reserved stock is a precaution in case data isn’t sync on time.
- EX: You created 1 PowerSKU for your product “iPhone 6 Black 16GB” currently selling on 2 shops A & B, stock = 10.
- There are 10 orders on shop A → You are out of stock, the new stock “0” hasn’t been synced to shop B yet, but there’s an order placed in shop B → You don’t have any product to provide for this order.
- Reserved stock helps you avoid this situation.
- Stock updated on the marketplace = Stock – Reserved stock.
- EX: You set stock for PowerSKU “iPhone 6 Black 16GB” = 10, reserved stock = 2 → Stock uploaded on marketplace = 8.
- There are 10 orders on shop A → You are out of stock, the new stock “0” hasn’t been synced to shop B yet, but there’s an order placed in shop B → You still have 2 products in your reserved stock to provide for this order.
- Stock can’t be sync when product is in promotions, campaign…
- In some cases, products can’t be searched to connect PowerSKU:
- SKU is turned off on marketplaces.
- SKU is already linked to another PowerSKU.
- SKU is not synced to PowerSell.